Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's September!

Hello everyone
If you have noticed my entries have been a little further apart so that should inform you that I am back at work full force and back in school. Started the 2nd year of the Doctorate's program! Yippee....It's official!
One of my co-workers has been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis! I feel so sorry for her because she is in the beginning stages and is in the depression state...and it's bad.. Her and I cried together and discussed the different types of medications that are out there. She is on Leflunimide which is the one I began two years ago that put me into liver failure!...She was amazed to see how well I am walking around and cried when I discussed all of the medications that I had been on over the past two years and my next option of having transfusions with different medications every 4 to 6 weeks that would take 4 hours each time.
I explained to her that I have a high tolerance of pain and that is why I can do what I do throughout the day. I explained my stiffness in the mornings and my exhaustion in the evening.
We discussed mood swings, weight gain and the depression....
I think that these past few days sharing my experiences with her have helped me remember that its okay to be sick but always find an outlet!
So until next time continue to pray for me as I pray for you and keep my coworker in your prayers.
My pain has not subsided nor have my levels dropped. I am not in remission but that is okay.
What is important is life itself and what we do with out life!
God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have always been strong my dear friend and knowing you has made me strong in the eyes of adversity. I too am now in school (freshman) LOL but digging thru. I will continue to pray for you as always and praying that soon I can fly out and spend some time with you all. Love Cyna