Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Zumba Class - Wow!

Last night's class was great! Both Brittany and Tajah were there exercising with their mom! For some reason I started laughing hysterically and Tajah looked at me and asked why I was laughing...funny thing was I didn't know myself so I kept laughing until the giggles were all gone. (it took a while) Anyway, it was a great work out and I won't weigh myself for a few days to keep that frustration level down. But I found this great clip on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7fN-WtNuqw about a little girl named Victoria! If she can do it, so can I. I am truly not just exercising for the weight loss but I need to keep my joints mobile so that they don't forget how to move. I believe that if I take off some of the weight that the medication has put on me my body might be able to move a little easier. It's common sense that the more you weigh the harder your body has to work to get you from point A to point B. The harder your heart has to pump, the harder your lungs have to work....So, I challenge each and every one of you to try to lose at least 5 pounds in 30 days....That does not seem like much..but seeing as to I have had issues trying to lose one (1) pound it's going to be a lot of work for me. Go out and exercise. Go for a walk! Join a Zumba class! Turn the music on when you are cleaning the house (full blast) and dance while you clean! We can all keep each other uplifted with our thoughts and by sharing our stories. Today, my RA is a little of a distraction, but I am not going to give up. I will work through the pain and the stiffness and I will continue on this journey with all of you as friends and prayer warriors!
Until next time, pray for me and I will continue to pray for you!

Let me know if you are interested in the challenge of losing 5 pounds in 30 days by commenting to this post. This way we can see who all is working on it.

Priscilla is already walking almost 3 miles with her friend (Great Job)
*** IDEAS***
Ray and Amanda can take the kids for a walk in the neighborhood
Cyna can walk with the dog
Good Luck!

1 comment:

Cyna said...

I am with you hun..I joined curves and believe me they are working me hard. So count me in on the challenge