Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Thursday~Life's little lessons

Today was a great day!
Working with students is the greatest job to have!

They allow my days to go by so much quicker than being in an office!

My days are blessed with their smiles, their energy, and their innocence! They teach me more then I can every teach them with their love of learning and their diligence to accomplish a task without getting frustrated. They give me more on a daily basis than any book can.

From the moment they come off the bus until the time they get back on the bus to go home, they are an everlasting promise that life is forever changing and nothing will ever stay the same. Working as a special education teacher gives me renewed strength every day. 

 Today, I had to smile as I was reading "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyers! I the book, Joyce Meyers was referring to a married couple to which the husband and wife were having difficulties in their marriage. The difficulties were to such an extreme that it was causing difficulties to their child in school academically and behaviorally. Many believed that if the wife knew Christ, she would not have the issues in her marriage. But they knew Christ! Both of them did. But the wife was not willing to give up on things that she had learned in her childhood. Things such as: her father did not respect her or her mother; her brother was given more attention by her father because her was a boy; her father trained her to see that in life, men were worth more than women. This is one of the reasons that the woman could not give into many things within her marriage. She was not one that would compromise. 

I smiled because Joyce said that the wife began to pray for "Victory over anger, rebellion, unforgiveness, resentment and bitterness." Romans 12:2 was the scripture that was quoted. Really! I promise that I truly pray for the same things! I laughed because, God and I have this conversation on a daily basis! This woman prayed and would ask God against the being bossy, being rebellious and the best one yet: The  nagging! (It's me in a nut shell)

My body today was in a shut down mode! It was a little too much for me because by the time I got home from work, I had to lay down and rest and ultimately take a nap. Maybe my stomach began to hurt because I have been pushing myself too hard lately. Maybe my head began to hurt because I have lack of sleep. Maybe it's just my way of taking the time to slow down and take a moment. You see with my RA it is not just my joints that I have to worry about...it is my internal organs. Sometimes, I forget that. Sometimes, I think that I am still 100% healthy because I have God on my side. 

God has given me the strength to make it through each and every day! The strength to carry on with prayer and with diligence!  Because of God, I was able to celebrate my 6th year of not smoking! Yeah!

Well, until the next time we speak...you pray for me...and I will pray for you!

Thank you Joyce Meyer for the words of inspiration...



We need to be ready for the challenges that life brings 

No comments: